- Last Updated on Thursday, 31 March 2016 13:03
Clinical Testing for Food Sensitivity
Types of Testing to Detect Food Sensitivity
While Clinical tests for food sensitivity can give minute detail, they frequently return 'inconclusive' results. Therefore you may need to have several types of test before the doctor can suggest possible causes of your symptoms. But there is one method which gives accurate results first time, every time - the Journal Method.
Click video for explanation of types of testing.
Types of Clinical Tests Used By Your Doctor
It is our mission to help you identify your food sensitivities. We recommend the tried and proven Journal Method. It finds food intolerances quickly and accurately. And if you have more than one - it differentiates among them.
Of course there are clinical tests with your doctor. However - no single test can conclusively identify all your food intolerances. To get a postive diagnosis you will need a series of different tests - from which your doctor will build up a fuller picture of your situation. Your medical doctor (GP) may use:
- Several kinds of blood tests
- Hydrogen breath testing*
- Allergy testing (e.g. by skin pinprick method)
- Gastroscopy (tube guided into stomach while under anaesthetic)
- Endoscopy - checking for signs of intestinal damage linked to food intolerance
- Intestinal biopsy (small tissue sample taken under anaesthetic)
- Stool (faecal) analysis - DNA testing
- Skin sample analysis (e.g. with flaking skin infections)
- Genital swab (e.g. for fungal conditions)
*No longer practised by many doctors who cite unreliability.
A naturopath or alternative medicine practitioner may use:
- Iridology (diagnosis by looking into the iris of the eyes) also called homeopathy
- Examination of eyes, skin, tongue and pulses
- Vega testing (small electrical currents sent through person and food)
- Reflexology - pressing on soles of feet
- Other methods
RESEARCH & REFERENCES
All foodintol® information is based on research from peer-reviewed medical journals
The foodintol® App
World best solution for any food intolerance!
- Which foods to choose and why
- Every food measured and ranked
- Where to buy
- Big brands compared
- Handy in-app Shopping List
- Chef's Secrets & Recipes
Stay in the 'zone': look better, feel better...in days.
Mistakes? ... No worries!