- Last Updated on Thursday, 31 March 2016 12:24
Testing Methods for Food Intolerance
Types of Testing For Food Intolerance
Have you had clinical tests for food intolerance, followed all the instructions - but still suffer with symptoms? Clinical testing frequently gives 'inconclusive' answers - requires a whole series of tests.
But the Journal Method is fast and accurate.
Clinical Tests from your Doctor
Your medical doctor (GP) may use:
- Several kinds of blood tests
- Hydrogen breath testing*
- Allergy testing (e.g. by skin pinprick method)
- Gastroscopy (tube guided into stomach while under anaesthetic)
- Intestinal biopsy (small tissue sample taken under anaesthetic)
- Stool (faecal) analysis
- Skin sample analysis (e.g. with flaking skin infections)
- Genital swab (e.g. for fungal conditions)
*No longer practised by many doctors who cite unreliable results
Tests from a Naturopath
A naturopath or alternative medicine practitioner may use:
- Iridology (diagnosis by looking into the iris of the eyes)
- Homeopathy - examination of the eyes, skin, tongue and pulses
- Vega testing (now discredited among many professionals)
- Other methods
Most clinical testing relies on your doctor's interpretation of the results - and that many tests return 'inconclusive'. You may need further series of tests to gather more information. Unfortunately, conclusive results are not often found using clinical tests.
I think I might have food intolerance: What should I do?
Beginning with our free e-book, we can help you establish if you are suffering from gluten or wheat intolerance or if your symptoms indicate an intolerance to dairy, fructose or yeast. You may even be suffering from more than one food intolerance.
The research indicates doing nothing can be a risk. Undiagnosed food intolerance can cause serious long-term health problems like osteoporosis, anaemia and many others. Sign up for the Free E-book 'How to Tell If You Have Food Intolerance'
RESEARCH & REFERENCES
All foodintol® information is based on research from peer-reviewed medical journals
The foodintol® App
World best solution for any food intolerance!
- Which foods to choose and why
- Every food measured and ranked
- Where to buy
- Big brands compared
- Handy in-app Shopping List
- Chef's Secrets & Recipes
Stay in the 'zone': look better, feel better...in days.
Mistakes? ... No worries!