- Last Updated on Friday, 19 February 2016 15:26
Leaky Gut, Anaemia and Malabsorption Disorders
Definition, Prevalence, Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
Definition of Leaky Gut
Leaky Gut is a condition where the lining of the small intestine has become damaged. Tiny holes are torn in the gut lining.
This allows foreign bodies and toxins to 'leak' into the bloodstream - causing symptoms and disease - especially inflammatory disease and malabsorption conditions like osteoporosis and anaemia. Research implicates partially broken down food proteins like glutens and caseins.
How Does Food Intolerance Cause Leaky Gut?
Many of us have food intolerance. That is - the inability to fully digest some foods - especially the so-called 'Modern Foods' like wheat and other grains and dairy foods.
Malabsorption Issues, Inflammatory Diseases From Leaky Gut
In food intolerant people - the partly broken down foods actually attack the lining of the small intestine. Tiny holes appear in the tissue - and these compromise the gut's ability to do its dual tasks of absorbing and filtering.
Symptoms and illnesses caused by Leaky Gut
How many people suffering from any of these (in any combination) have considered the possibility of food intolerance?
- Aching legs, back ache or arthritis
- Family history of arthritis
- Allergies and hay fever
- Respiratory, breathing difficulty
- Frequent or regular headaches
- Frequent infections like colds and 'flu
- Weekly or daily bloating and gas
- Irritable Bowel (alternating bouts of diarrhea and constipation)
- Mouth ulcers
- Anxiety or panic attacks
- Eczema or psoriasis
- Iron deficiency (anaemia)
- Osteoporosis - bone density loss
- Behavioural problems in children
- Mood swings or depression
- Chronic tiredness or lethargy
- Recurring fungal (yeast) infections like candida or tinea
- Family history of heart disease, diabetes, colitis or Crohn's disease
- Being somewhat overweight - or underweight
- Difficulty conceiving a child or miscarriage
Every one of these conditions can be traced back to food intolerance - and the mechanism by which it all happens is Leaky Gut. When you eat food your body has to process it: break down the food into digestible stuff so it can be absorbed. While your entire gut has different functions: mouth, stomach, duodenum and intestine - there is a vital bit which gets damaged by eating the wrong foods: the small intestine.
Heal a Damaged Intestine:
Discover Your Food Intolerance
Just as you care for your skin and hair - we must all take special care with our intestine. A healthy gut serves us well - delivering nutrients and preventing us from catching infections, or developing disease. The good news: A damaged gut heals quickly once you substitute the troublesome foods (eat correctly for your food intolerance).
Many of our members report feeling much better within a few days of beginning the correct diet - after years of ill health. To find your food intolerance use a simple Journal and Food Guide system.
The foodintol® Healing Program is purpose designed
The Food Intolerance Institute of Australia has helped thousands of people overcome and prevent long-term symptoms and illnesses - by discovering their food intolerance. Everyone finds the simple step-by-step system effective and revealing.
With the Healing Program you'll pinpoint your intolerance. You may even have more than one food intolerance. More about the Healing Program
RESEARCH & REFERENCES
All foodintol® information is based on research from peer-reviewed medical journals
The foodintol® App
World best solution for any food intolerance!
- Which foods to choose and why
- Every food measured and ranked
- Where to buy
- Big brands compared
- Handy in-app Shopping List
- Chef's Secrets & Recipes
Stay in the 'zone': look better, feel better...in days.
Mistakes? ... No worries!